Wednesday, November 5, 2008

we should all vote this way...

Brooklyn came home the other day excited because she got to vote for the president of the U. S.
She told me about the 2 guys who were running. Her freind Dallan voted for Obama and she was upset, he was supposed to vote for John McCain. I asked her why she liked McCain better and she said "because he has blonde hair just like me!"
She watched the news all last night and was so sure he would win. When she woke up this morning her first question was "did John McCain win mom?" When I told her no, she actually started to cry!

3 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Ahhh... That is so cute! Good thing is, is that she is already concerned about voting. I am so glad they are doing this with the kids now... I don't ever remember a presidential election growing up.

Renee said...

Cute! I tried to explain it to Pyper but she didn't quite get it! It was a very interesting election.

Jaime said...

That is the cutest thing ever. I love that they did that with the kids this year but I find that my kids also have the same kind of simple reasons for why they chose who they did. When I asked Austin the same question he said McCain, cause he's a better guy, his grandparents said so...and Kielee said Barak Obama, and her reason was...I don't know mom! I just like him he's nice... I love the hair thing, at least she had HER OWN real reason.