Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bows






Yesterday I was doing Broolyn's hair and decided she needs more bows. I don't have very many and they cost to much to get the cute ones. So I went online and looked at other poeples bows and on one blog there were instructions even! So instead of going to bed as I probably should have, I got out the ribbon I had and made a few bows for Brookie. The first one I did I even had Preston on my lap, trying to eat the ribbon while I was trying to use it.



He really is a handfull. He is so hyper lately, which I really don't think I need another child with excess energy, and when he is excited and bouncing all over it gets the other 2 giggling and excited. Any way, they were in bed already, thankfully! I stayed up till 11:30 making bows. They were turning out so cute that I was excited and not tired. In fact I had to take a Unisom so I could go to sleep. And before school this morning we went to buy more ribbon and clips/barretts to put the bows on! It helps that Joanns was having a sale and the ribbon I was buying was marked 2 for $1. Which actually ended up 4 for $1 and if I had known that before I left the store I would have bought double the amount of ribbon. O well at least I got a great deal!!!



So since I'm having so much fun making them I was wondering if anyone would like to buy any? Brookie only needs so many bows. I don't know if it would be worth it so I would like some opinions. How much do you think people would be willing to pay for 1 , 2 of a pair...?

6 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Hmmm good question. I just bought some big black ones from walmart that were $2.00 for two of them, and they are pretty good size... Maybe a little bigger than the ones you made. However, I know at Cookie cutters they sell there bows for a lot more. Although they are really cute, I could never fathum paying what they charge. You should also make some that have those big flowers... you know what I am talking about. Let me know what you decide. I just might be interested in getting some from you. =0)

Jaime said...

You should open a little "shop" on ETSY. It's a website where people who make home made things can sell them online. If you check it out you can probably get a better idea what to charge too, cause there are little boutiques that sell bows:) Seriously this is one of my FAVORITE sites and if I had time to be crafty at all I would be all over it. Here's the link, I hope you like it.

www.etsy.com

Jaime said...

By the way I LOVE the bows! You did a great job!

Jaime said...

http://www.bambinaballerina.com/pages/hairbowinstructions.htm

I found this website, I thought you might like it. There's abunch of tutorials on different kinds of bows :0)

Debbie said...

If you lived in Tooele, you could sell them at Sweet Pea. Some lady brought something in today that she made and they said they could pay her until someone actually bought her product. You could try something like that if you wanted to sell them.

Debbie said...

If you lived in Tooele, you could sell them at Sweet Pea. Some lady brought something in today that she made and they said they couldn't pay her until someone actually bought her product. You could try something like that if you wanted to sell them.