Wednesday, October 29, 2008

cooking is so over rated

There's a reason I love to bake. The stuff looks yummier, tastes yummier and you can put it together, stick it in the oven and forget it till the timer starts yelling at you.
Nate is always giving me a hard time about cooking. Even things like mac-n-cheese are annoying to deal with.
I have a habit of forgetting that I have something on the stovetop cooking. I'm all about multi-tasking so when I've got something in a pan, I figure its going to take so long til it's done so I can go downstairs to grab something or put a load of laundry in upstairs . The problem is that once I walk away, I no longer think about what is on the stove.

See, when you bake, not only do you have a yummy smell pulling you back to the kitchen but it's usually in the oven and the timer is set to remind me.
He thinks its so funny that I instantly forget about say, dinner cooking, but I would much rather do just about anything else than cook dinner.
He usually has to step in and save whatever is cooking so it's edible. ( He was just standing behind me reading over my shoulder and that was his insert)
I guess I'm lucky I have him watching out for us.
The nights that he is at work late the kids usually get cereal or a pb&j.
I'll bake cookies or brownies or things I 've never tried before any day.

2 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Yay! I have a blog too... Glad to see you on here... being that I had no idea that you guys moved... Now that you have a blog you can keep me posted. Jaime also just made one a couple days ago. Can't wait to hear more from you! BTW... Pres is SOOOOO adorable! I can't believe how much he looks like your dad and nathan! LOL

Jaime said...

I just had to tell you, I love this post, it's all too familiar. With 4 little ones running around I forget things I'm cooking ALL THE TIME!!! Because there's always something that seems so much more productive than standing by the stove watching stuff cook! Any-hoo...glad to see you on here! I just set mine up a couple days ago too. I didn't even know you guys moved from Tooele!