Friday, May 1, 2009

Yes I'm still alive...
Things here in Brigham are busy as always but our computer is now upstairs and I have been actually using it! It's so cold downstairs and Di is usually watching some movie and the kids follow me down (of coarse) so they play, like any normal kids would, but g-ma can't hear her shows. And there is SOOO much crap for Preston to get into that I just avoid going down there.
However as I sit here typing this, Preston has noticed the wall size bookshelves behind me and is happily pulling off any he can reach!
I'm camp director in our ward and that is starting to get crazier... I have no idea what exactally goes into planning and preparing camp, and it's all up to Me. I spent just about the Entire day yesterday looking online for ideas and help yesterday (you know aside from getting the kids food, dressed, off to school and keeping Preston out of trouble-which he is god at) I'm very excited to go, I just thought someone would provide some helpful info, like what to expect, or something (like maybe the lady who was camp director last year) I'm l.eaving behind copies of the songbook, permission slips, lists of what to bring stuff like that that are easy to leave in a closet a church for the next director to use. why not make life easier for someone else.?

Any sorry for that...
I am alive though

4 comments:

Jessica T. said...

Oh man, you are just a busy bee aren't you!

Kayleen said...

you need to come up with a food list, and budget, and make sure that you know who is in charge of that. Pans, dishes, tents, leaders that are going to be there. How many people you have to feed. Activities that are going to be done, craft supplies that need to be brought, who is in charge of that. Certification that needs to be done, do you have a manual? have you talked to the leaders, to see what you are expected to do? what are the job requirements, and purpose of going to girls camp? ummm did that help?

Jen said...

as well as activities that prepare for camp, meetings meetings meetings, what to eat , how to prepare it, what will the
craft(s ?) be, what is the stake doing and how much time do we have each day with our own ward, fitting in "down" time and spiritual time as well as many other things...
I do have a manual. There is just so much to do and so little time to do it and I'm in charge.
Scary

Jaime said...

I know it's been insane. Sounds like things have been crazy for you too though.