Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm so cunfused! :{

(sigh) So yesterday after school Brookyln mentioned that school was at 11:30 today. Which is the time she goes for early day, So I said thank you for reminding me and woke up still thinking it's early day. So at 11:30 exactally I had her at school but the class room door was locked. (It's always locked from the outside and usually propped open unless your late, then you have to go in from the front doors.) So I told her to go the other way and was thinking the clock was somehow way off since there were no other cars around dropping off their kids. I watched her enter the school and tried to see when she entered the classroom since the windows are at the front of the school. She ran to the window and looked out and left the window. I thought I had missed her wave or something so I drove off.
I had the thought to drive by the school again but didn't think much of it, I've thought it before just to really make sure she was in class but I saw her in the classroom so I ignored it and went home.
At 1:30 I was heading out the door to pick her up and the phone rang. It was my in-laws phone and normally I would have ignored it, most people calling me call my cell, but I ansewered it and it was Brooklyn! She said she had a headache and wanted to go home.
I told her I would be there in a min. and she hung up. I was totally confused as to why she was calling 5 min before school was out but went to the school anyway. There were once again no cars lined up waiting. I got Tanner and Preston out and was about to walk to the office and Brooklyn was there by the car ready to get in.
We all climbed back into the car and headed home.
Brooklyn started talking about how her class was being noisy and her head was pounding and the noise was making it worse, I asked her if they were being noisy right now and what they were doing and finally realized that it was Not early day today.
I dropped her off 45 min early.
Her teacher was not even there yet. Prob on her lunch break. When she went to the window she was looking to see if I was still there. She saw that I was and ran back outside to tell me no one was there but by then I was gone. If I had turned one street earlier and driven by the school again I would have seen her and we could have gotten her to school at the right time.
So she went back inside and "did homework". I'm not sure what she is talking about. She did say when her teacher got there, another student was there and she sent them out to play on the playground till it was time for school.
It's hard getting info out of her though. I'm still trying to get the whole story. This much took a couple hours. She always tells me "I don't remember"
I totally thought all morning that wed. was early day here and had no idea I dropped her off early. We'll see if I remember on fri to take her early. That is actually early day.

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

I feel bad for you, but that is the funniest story!! Poor little Brooklyn! Out of all the kids to be left alone for 45 min it would be her, I can see her now just doing her thing by herself! This is so something I would do, another benefit of homeschooling! Next time you're out this way call, or text, me. I want to see you!

Jessica T. said...

LOL... I am just as confused as you I am sure. That is funny!