Tuesday, November 3, 2009

stupid swine flu

Hi I decided to post for a min.
who knows when it'll happen again but here goes...

Our elem. school is offering free swine flu shots for the school kids.

my hubby is all for the stupid shot but I'm not sold.
he gets it free at work every year and figures why not so he gets the shot.
Of the friends that my kids play with, 2 families that I know for sure of, went and did the swine flu mist for their kids. A few days or so later, THEY HAD THE FLU! high fever and all for a week. then it passed around to each family member so they had to deal with it for a couple of weeks. We have been exposed numerous times. even just from these 2 families by taking the non sick (at the time) kids to school (who might carry it and could come down with it any time
not to mention the ones who still go to school even though they are contagious, and we are fine
I'm not saying it's not wise to get the shot-for some people- but we never get the flu. If there was a shot for the cold I would consider it... maybe
Anyway

tomorrow our stake is doing a road show! we have been busy with that for a few months and it's finally come. I even have a part. it's supposed to be just the youth in it but one girl is in the school play and it's the same night. so as of last week I am doing her part. nice that I had one practice to go to before the actual thing right? I'm the youngest leader so naturally I was chosen to be the understudy. the only thing about it that has me antsy is I don't know the song (it's a musical) in our scene and there are only 8 of us singing it and the youth are almost whispering it during practice and the audience won't hear a thing. we don't have a mic to use either.


I took a photography class. now I keep going to the library to check out books on photography and I've taken about a million pictures. one of my neighbors has a nikon D70 and she has let me borrow it. Only now I don't want to use my camera. Or give it back. EVER

I have a nice compact digital that had some manual features like a DSLR has but it's just not as much fun.
And there is SO much info to learn that now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I wish I had time to just "study" and learn but with kids it does not happen much.

I need it to be quiet with no distraction for it to stick. I wonder how I used to do it when I was in school. Learning. I feel like my brain is mush and it takes so much more work to remember things. and not just with this photography stuff either.
But I'm excited that I'm doing something to "excercise my brain". it's been to long.
Here are some samples:
most are not edited at all. Ihave gimp( a free photo editing program) but have no idea how to use it. the ones htat have been were done on photoshop on my inlaws comp.















Tanner was Crazy Frog this year!
Brookie is a fairy









1 comment:

Mark and Bethany said...

Your kids are so big!! Holy cow! The pictures look great. Oh, and the swine flu! I am not getting it and will not get it for my kids either. It's the flu, people. As long as you don't have a little baby who's sickly or kids with some major disease they're going to be fine. Do you remember getting the flu growing up?? We got to lay on the couch and didn't have to go to school. I am so sick of the govt making this some sort of national scare!! Sorry, just my two cents. When are you coming down again, we haven't see you in forever!!